Friday, March 13, 2015

Should Plastic Surgery Be Thought Of As A Culture?


The degradation around plastic surgery and the people that get it has been a long-standing judgment; those who refuse it can't understand those that do it, and those that do it can't understand those that don't do it.

I admit it, I was once one of those people that judged those who received excessive amounts of surgeries to their bodies, I just couldn't understand why a person would take the medical risk of dramatically altering their looks -- all while completely erasing ones God-given features. 

I came to realize that plastic surgery is a culture and one I'm just not familiar with, but just because it's weird to me doesn't mean it's weird to the person that gets it; I had to learn this.

Then I thought to myself, should we think about plastic surgery the same way we think about getting dental work done or wearing contacts that changes the color of ones eyes? 

People correct their teeth all the time and no one makes a big deal about it, right? Moreover, what other people do to their bodies is their business and we should never be so invested that it causes us to severely demean one for doing so. Furthermore, we never know why people do what they do to themselves, and we shouldn't spend so much time trying to figure it out either.

So, in short, I've chalked plastic surgery up to a culture that exists in certain parts of this country and around the world, and even if I don't agree with the procedures or the way the procedures make people look, I can always choose to keep my opinions to myself.

The Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm...

2015 LA





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I appreciate you!